RE: Model release question

This is one I would take to a local lawyer.  I would guess that it is possible the parents would be able to enter adult contracts, especially if they are married.  There was a racing series a while back that would allow kids as young as 16 to enter races, provided they were granted their rights as an adult so they could sign liability waivers and releases to compete which they could not do as minors.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Model release question
From: Rob Miracle <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, December 19, 2009 11:21 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I was talking with another photographer who shot a couple and their newborne. Both of the parents are 17.

Clearly the couple can't sign their own release and their parents are going to sign a minor model release.

But what about the baby? Who would sign a minor model release for the baby since her parents can't?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Rob