PF members exhibit on 12-05-09

a *very* interesting gallery this week....

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 05, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/ gallery.html include:

             Emily L. Ferguson - fall pond textures
Photography for me, has always been about isolating the things I see, and showing it to the "others" that don't see the way I do. This photo does that for me. I enjoy the horizontal versus the vertical line, plus the wonderful bands of contrasting color. It is also a very good example of the way the camera abstracts the world.

             Dan Mitchell - London
A wonderful viewpoint, or should I say, a high viewpoint for a photo...I really like looking at the world from above, such as in a plane...such a wonderful way of looking at the "same" world, but being able to see it differently....but you'd never get me up there in that thing, so I'm glad you took the shot so I could see what I was missing! The diagonal line of the shore contrasts well with the opposing diagonal line of the bridge.

             Andrew Sharpe - Cactus
Oh, Chris said it well, when he said, "Yes, I see the point"! But, I can't help but make an anatomical reference when looking at this print, and reply, "Ouch"! The lighting is perfect, tones/contrast perfect , just perfect for me all around.

             Gregory david Stempel - Shadows No. 4

I've taken this photo before too, which is so comforting to know that someone else sees this light also. For me, it's a type of light that makes me feel alive and aware. In my younger days, I always wanted to have the shadows more open in this type of photo, but then it wouldn't be *this* type of photo, would it?

             Christopher Strevens - Accident!

I've been in this type of situation too, and found it remarkable that as I ride isolated in my car from everyone else, an incident like this can bring us out of our cars and force us to be a community again. We talk to strangers and in our common-ness find community. Unfortunately, when I have been in this situation, it usually means that someone has died in a horrific accident. This photo brings this experience to me closely.

             John Palcewski - Joyce Carol Oates

The averted eyes, large glasses and dark lips all point to an elusive personality for me. Prim, proper, intellectual....all characteristics I would place on this face. I think the photo shows a very interesting personality that I would like to have dinner with and get to know better.

From: Carrie and the whole PF exhibits staff

Thanks Carrie and give Andy my best!

Belinda Peters