RE: PF members exhibit on 12-05-09

An inspiring gallery this week! I was inspired to write a crit.

Emily.
A nice example of why we do landscapes. More than a memento of a good
experience, they are a new experience. Compressing the picture plane
emphasizes the array of very dynamic and interesting textures to good
effect.

Man Dan!  That's one high vantage point! The X composition is fantastic!
 Better than Google Earth.

Andrew.
A very fine looking picture - the shadows are wonderful. They suggest
other things besides cactus - if ya know what I mean.

Chris,
One of the delights of every-day subjects is that they can contain many
notes. What do we see?  An unexpected  stoppage, like hitting the pause
button on the DVD and exploring the frame, gives a delightful
perspective of clouds and roadway.  Still more, there is a tableaux of
people and autos. The woman in brown leather boots standing right on the
white stripe - A Hiroshige, Tokaido moment?

Greg.
Maybe the JPEG doesn't flatter the image in this one.  There needs to be
more to hold the viewer's interest to make an abstract study like this
work - sharpness or color saturation, detail in shadow and highlights,
something?

John.
Ah yes, Ms Oats - couldn't miss recognizing her in a crowd. An iconic
personage if there ever was one. I enjoyed your essay about meeting and
photographing her. It should stimulate further PS discussion.  I think
portraiture is the most challenging art. It can be a satisfying
collaboration and it is always a collaboration.  Do you agree?

AZ

LOOKAROUND - Since 1978
Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround E-Book