RE: From the sublime to the ridiculous?

6 (2 stops four times, so 8 lamps are needed, 8-2=6)

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ADavidhazy
Sent: 18 November 2009 21:45
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: From the sublime to the ridiculous?

A little more photo talk FYI - my students struggled with the answer to this
question. How would you or your students do?

QUESTION: If two lamps provide a level of illumination that produces two
stop underexposure of a given scene, how many ADDITIONAL lamps are needed to
provide a level of illumination that will result in a properly exposed
scene?

1      2      3      4      6       8

circle one choice

To find out the answer (you can work out the reasons!) (or ask!) follow this
link:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/a-pix/lamps-1.jpg

BTW, I have another hoky question for you: How wide is 35mm film?

andy - andpph@xxxxxxx