Re: Well another day, another day on the phone

----- Original Message -----
From: Lea Murphy
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: Well another day, another day on the phone

If the only reason you're considering upgrading Photoshop is for the
camera raw capabities I'd totally skip it and go to Lightroom.

There are so many reasons LR beats ACR I can't list them all.
Organization, workflow, ease of use and speed being huge factors.

LR seems to be more of a standard than Aperture and for that reason
I'd go with LR. There are great resources on the web for it.

I would give up Photoshop before I'd give up LR. No question about it.

I'm 100% with Lea on this

LR is far mored dedicated to photography than PS, whih still remains
primarily a graphic designers tool.

by all accounts, LR is faster too with better methods of image handling.

Adobe have a habit of dropping support too, like the example of an earlier
incarnation of PS - a Nikon RAW plugin was available for free until they
released the newer PS, then the plugin support was deleted from Adobe's
free download page

not happy Adobe, not happy at all.