Re: Sample question

On Wed, November 18, 2009 07:45, ADavidhazy wrote:
> Very good discussion around this topic in my opinion!
>
> The 1.25 might indicate that the background was not totally black and
> during the  exposure of the
> moving image it added a bit of density to the negative or exposure to the
> area that was uncovered by
> the moving subject. At the time the shutter opened the image was in one
> place but its trailing edge
> moved almost immediately away from its position so it will be very
> underexposed and dark. Then it
> rises to maximum possible level once it gets to where the leading edge was
> at that same (initial)
> time. In addition the shutter is not 100% efficient so it adds yet another
> layer of complexity to
> the situation. The opposite happens on the other side. The leading edge is
> at the farthest point for
> a VERY short time and thus way underexposed as well.

I thought about shutter efficiency, and decided to ignore it.  I find when
taking real tests for a real course, that I can often figure out some of
what is wanted in the answer based on what was taught in the course :-).
Working on the question with no information whatsoever about the course, I
find my mind wandering into wider and weirder spaces pretty much without
limit, and sometimes do things to limit that.  I also considered vertical
and horizontal focal-plane shutters briefly, and ruled them out based on
the evenness and pattern of gradation.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info