Re: A few words about PF gallery of this week

I am having issues dialing in the white balance in this environment. It works great when I have a nice patch of grass to preset wb with, but the desert isn't kind in this respect. Any ideas on a portable solution (along the lines of a grey card)? I was able to get good contrast out of the escarpment, but the sky just turns murky...it's like this in most of these shots and a bit of a bummer. I wonder if, when the weather is much cooler (10-15 degrees C difference in the shade), that I'll manage more pop from the sky if the particulate in the air isn't as warm and landscape with the shadows.

ADavidhazy wrote:
Trevor Cunningham - acacia valley escarpment IR modified. Hmmm ... seems to flatten this scene (contrast-wise) way too much for my taste. IR does not seem to me to make much sense for this landscape.