A few words about PF gallery of this week

                John Palcewski - Muhammad Ali

Very compelling photograph that captures the essence of Ali's personality in my opinion.
I am sure one could elaborate on the "no admittance" sign but I will refrain.

                Jorge Amon Filho - Vision

No sure what to make of this photograph. The reflection of the surf is obvious but what is with the fence? It seems cluttered. The fact the far lens is cropped is a bit distracting as I look at it now but in long run may be the best crop for this point of view.

                D.L. Shipman - Sunset on Gulf barrier island

It seems a bit dark and mysterious and the trees seem retouched or something. But that may just be caused by cataracts (junk) behind lens in my eyes.

                Trevor Cunningham - acacia valley escarpment

IR modified. Hmmm ... seems to flatten this scene (contrast-wise) way too much for my taste. IR does not seem to me to make much sense for this landscape.

                Emily L. Ferguson - Cuttyhunk Island shoreline

Very classic in composition. That is not bad necessarily! I like this landscape photograph. There seem to be some things in the foreground (lower right) that draw my attention but I can't make out what these things are. Overall the photograph has a good feel to it.

andy