Finally upgraded

Well I finally upgraded to a Canon 50D today, so far far fewer trips to
the rental body place.  It got me thinking, other than reading the
manual, anyone got any ideas for learning a new camera body quickly.  I
wonder if there is a series of exercises that we can come up with that
would help us when we pick up a strange body, and help students adapt as
well.  Ideas???

Mark