Re: Imaginary colors Speculation

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:28:51 +0800, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>More interesting
>again is that our human ones are even MORE sensitive.  but the problem is
>they're buried too deep on most people (think skinned?) - however some
>people do become aware of these and can use them in the sense of being able
>to determine where they are spatially.

The thing is our brain turns down the volume automatically.

Ever have one ear plugged with wax for awhile then get the wax out? (I did) Turn
on the tap and it sounds like Niagara Falls. I'm not kidding. After about 10
minutes the brain programs the volume back down to normal. Pity would couldn't
turn it off and on at will, or could we???

Might as well tell the whole story here, I had an ear so badly plugged the
doctor couldn't get it cleared. I got a Murine earwax removal kit and went at it
every night for a week. I syringed and syringed warm water each night for like
15 minutes, after soaking with the removal stuff of course. The last couple days
large plugs came out, and finally, wow, Niagara Falls!

There ya go, true story about hearing.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics