Re: Imaginary colors Speculation

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
There are no other colors except for the ones we see. The other part of electromagnetic spectrum are just wave lengths. Any other animal that can sense the other parts of the spectrum can only see them in colors we know to exist but most probably sense them in different way altogether. When we develop x-ray film it is black and white(i.e. clear) and fuzzy.

Your first two sentences may be tautologically true (if you're asserting that "color" is a human construct), but it's also useless.

The third sentence is a matter of opinion, not fact; you can't know very much about the subjective experience of other species, and what we might know is fairly speculative. I do like the tests that show that pigeons, at least, see light frequency the way we hear notes (that is, ratios of frequencies mean something to them), though, and that would certainly qualify as "in different ways altogether". I don't think the point about x-ray film really establishes anything either. Remember, ordinary color film is really just B&W too, we use filters and dyes to make it look colored to us. And the "fuzzy" bit implies that x-rays are somehow fuzzy, whereas actually they're more precise than visible light (which is why they use UV and higher frequencies for lithography in chip fabs these days).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info