Re: PF members' photographs on NOV 07, 09

Herewith my opinions re this week’s gallery, which opinions as always are worth no more and no less than the paper they’re written on (and since there is no paper involved, the worth is even less!)

D.L. Shipman - Weed    This is a marvelous and arresting image.  The only thing that strikes me as diminishing its impact is that the white center seems too obviously dodged.  This just may be me, however.

Dan Mitchell - Triplets   Decisions, decisions.  Exactly where shall I spritz?   Nice triptych, white against blue.

Jim Davis = Fall in Japan   Pleasant nature shot.

Don Roberts - Grant Wood Country   Well, it is indeed evocative of Wood, and I don’t think it needs any more tweaking in Photoshop.

Emily L. Ferguson - cranberry wet harvest movement study   If this were mine, I’d crank up the color saturation to make the berries look more red.
Might also profit from a touch of sharpening, which would be a contrast with the blur of movement.

Trevor Cunningham - soft flower   I’d go for more depth of field in this one to reduce the amount of soft focus.

Don Draper - Carp in Pond  This might be improved by reducing the lightness and burning in the overexposed whites.