From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Sent: 07 November 2009 17:26
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Imaginary colors Speculation

In a message dated 11/7/2009 11:46:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dd-b@xxxxxxxx writes:Your first two sentences may be tautologically true (if you're asserting
that "color" is a human construct), but it's also useless.

Now I titled my email "Imaginary colors Speculation"  What I am saying is that there is no colors that we don't see (as a group). That there is no new color you can get by other means. When bats view sound waves if they see this as color it is of our spectrum but I suspect there brain senses sound waves as some sort of pattern.

There is no point in searching for other colors.

In a message dated 11/7/2009 11:46:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dd-b@xxxxxxxx writesAnd the "fuzzy" bit  implies that x-rays are somehow fuzzy, whereas actually they're more
precise than visible light

As to regard to X-rays; that is my point, they appear fuzzy to us visually but are more precise in the scientific study than we see. Animal may sense x-rays better than us but it in no way creates new color. But as you point out there is no proof since we can't go into the animal brains and see what it sees. It just the speculation I believe and there is no use in looking for more colors.

Roy