Re: New photographs in PF gallery on 10-31-09

At 9:52 AM -0400 10/31/09, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 31 , 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

        Michael Hughes - It hasn't killed me yet

The guy must have a sense of humor to be wearing a pink shirt. How did you arrive at the title?

        Dan Mitchell - Tate Modern

Except for her face not being particularly sharp, it's a nice industrial architecture shot. Maybe modern needs to be more iconoclastic now-a-days to actually speak "modern" to us.

        Don Roberts - Autumn

Quite a few pleasing things here - the nice variety of colors in the leaves, the shiny surfaces and edges, the tidy framing in the upper right corner. If you set this up, placing the leaves where you did, you might have arranged them so that the vague whiteness in the upper left wasn't there.

        Jim Snarski - Evolution

Really makes you wonder whether it would be better if the gull were the sharp object.

        Jim Davis - Trees

Leafless/lifeless. Well, not really leafless, but the initial impression is that the leaves have already fallen and we're looking at late fall. It seems to me that one should seek out only those places where some real organization is evident in this kind of shot.

        D.L. Shipman - Solomon's castle, Arcadia

A building covered in quilt batting!  Are they planning on shingling that?

        Christopher Strevens - Alien Visitation?

Just a snap. Needs a lot of reconsideration before you're finished with that location, Chris.

        John Palcewski - Dancer

Wow. Right out of the '30s. But no sense of dance here. Harsh dyed hair color, sharp edges all around, and no support garment for the breasts. Makes one wonder what sort of dance she might be thinking of doing.

Friday, folks.  Time to send in your submissions for next week.

Thanks to all for sending in stuff for this week!

The time to send yours is NOW! If you wait you'll probably forget! ;)
Instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx