Re: Imaginary colors

"yumm" - the colour of a juicy insect on a bat's radar.

As to imaginary colours in general: aren't all visible shades already
defined - my computer tells me that it knows "millions of colours"
anyway...
We just don't happen to have words for them.
I once read, the eskimo had many words for snow - quite possibly the
would not agree with the stuff being simply white!

On the other hand, what we see is just a tiny part of the
electromagnetic spectrum. Other species "see" other parts of it - for
example, we're missing out on beautiful ultraviolet colours of many
flowers!
Medical images routinely map normal colours to structures visible only
at wavelengths we could not interpret otherwise.
Does it make sense to invent words for hues that we can't actually see
and share with others?