Related question: How many----?

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 07:39 -0400, John Palcewski wrote:
> Well, who among us could have forseen what would eventually happen to
> the photography business?   If that's what it can be called anymore.

On a related note:

How many of the photographers on this list have experienced a decline in
the sale of prints?

My more or less "straight" prints seem not to hold up well against the
more "exotic" photoshopped images one sees in so many shows now.

I'm preparing a number of prints for a show next week, and in order to
have a chance at competing with the digitized photoshopped images which
are now all the rage, my partner (a mixed media artist) and I are
attempting to produce images based on my prints and altered by my
partner, using collage, colorizing by hand (as in the earlier generation
portraits), overpainting, etc.

Ken

--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier