Re: Digital

AllJorj Takacs

Thank you for the responses so far, but this gray card i lighter than
the normal gray card.  And, they say it's just for "digital" cameras.
It thought that gray cards represented an average scene, what
difference does it make if your metering with a film camera or a
digital camera.  Average is average!

Ah - I think its as trevor suggested, more for making an accurate white
balance than for exposures, that's why it wouldn't work for a film camera.

In film photography we know a grey card to be 18% grey with often a colour
bias (from production) - the colour isn't a problem for film as much as it
is important to have an accurate density

for digital white balance readings, colour accuracy is more important that
density.

it's a good idea really to use a grey card for a white balance over a white
card - it's been argued that a white card is more likely to yield an
overexposed reading.. and an overexposure tends to be white, irrespective
of slight colour variations

this make sense?

karl