Re: Digital

Along the lines of a greycard, although not for exposure, an IR converted DSLR requires frequent WB calibration to get "The" effect just right. The most common approach to this is to fill the frame with grass receiving direct sunlight and set a custom WB. In a desert, this is proving to be a challenge. I was wondering if there was a color (red?) that I could print out to dial in the camera. I suppose this would depend on the particular scene and what I wish to do with it. Also, I know vegetation's "heat" has organic origins and I wonder if they can be simulated through color somehow. Any thoughts?

karl shah-jenner wrote:
DigitalJorj Takacs :

I was hoping someone could give me your opinion about this gray card and
the company that makes it (if you have heard of Robin Myers Imaging).
Here is the link to the DGC-150 Digital Gray Card that I purchased at
Henry's ( http://store.rmimaging.com/digitalgraycard-150.aspx ).

I am still finding it difficult to understand if this is a gimmick or if it
is true. I did note it says it is not for film cameras and will not work
with an external light meter.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

this sounds odd to me, that it couldnt be used for film!

If you want a grey cardand have access to a laser printer, in photoshop
make up a swatch and fill it with a color R=127 G=127 B =127. Print it on a
laser printer and it matches an 18% gray card.