Re: PF member's exhibit on 10-10-09

At 8:03 AM -0400 10/10/09, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 03, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

  Lea Murphy - Adobe

lovely textures, graceful composition, I find this image very pleasing and can imagine living with it comfortably for a long time

  John Palcewski - Maria

There's an "I can't actually be bothered with you" look in her eyes, a completely diffidence, not a glimmer of friendliness or anger either. It inclines me to move on to the next.

  Laurenz Bobke - In the hands of a Giant

Interesting how there's not really any sense of panic in this, despite the clamp (albeit warm and probably gentle) in which the bird is held. Sure, the bright spot would do better darkened, of course you can't completely wipe it out because of the other spot behind it, and it could be cropped off entirely, but the open beak and blown-out highlights on the top of the hand really keep my eyes from seeing it much. I think it would be somewhat improved by not getting the skin blown out to begin with. Better to underexpose and correct than overexpose and be unable to.

  Roger Eichhorn -

Pigeons and seagulls are rats of the sky in my vocabulary, but I don't hold that against this one. It's just that there's nothing bird-ish really happening in this image. So, OK. Got anything more interesting?

  Don Roberts - Toad Lilies

The arrow composition is good enough as it goes, I can't tell for sure about the sharpness - there's a look of a photoshop artsy filter about the image, accentuated by the speckled flowers. I think I would have preferred fewer items in the image area.

  Michael Hughes - 10.3.2009 12.45 Lunch with the De Veres at Dunston Hall

No lunch, no De Veres, just dunston Hall and funny mushyness on the top two stories. Lots of flues, however.

  Mark Lent - Moment of Joy

Tack sharp, but why are guys so wierd, and why do they invest so much energy in winning and games? I don't see any joy in particular, just a guy up in the air who could just have easily have been being tackled as being lifted up in joy.

Celebration is possibly one big place where men and women experience a deep rift in style.

There are 3 photographs awaiting installation. Vissak, Strevens, Palcewski)
The time to send yours is NOW! If you wait you'll probably forget! ;)
Instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Do what Andy says, now, if you haven't already.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx