Re: 'Digital lenses"

On Thu, October 15, 2009 01:38, karl shah-jenner wrote:

> Has no one else has encountered the claim that digital lenses output
> parallel rays of light to the sensor?

Yes, that's a standard claim.  And I've read a number of articles on
micro-lens configurations over the sensor designed to make, for example,
the Leica M8 and M9 bodies work better with existing lenses (film accepts
light at an angle much better than digital sensor do, since the grains are
actual three-dimensional structures).  I regard all this as well-accepted,
uncontroversial.  But I admit to not having attempted to dig into it, or
understand the detailed implications for lens design.

Is it possible that you've latched onto "telecentric" when they're
actually using different techniques, with different side-effects?  There
are usually several ways to accomplish a given goal.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info