Re: 'Digital lenses"

On Thu, October 15, 2009 02:18, James B. Davis wrote:

> Nikon has a whole lineup of digital lenses now, pity that they've gone
> full frame, hehehehe

Nikon just released a new DX macro lens this week, in fact.  They seem to
think both DX and FX will be around for a while.  They probably know at
least as much about it as I do!

Were it not for my uses for extreme high ISOs, I would have stayed with
DX.  It's easy to get 15mm-e for DX on the wide end, which is wider than
I'd ever had before on film, and I think of myself as mostly a telephoto
guy anyway, where DX is a clear-cut win.  But I did want the extreme ISOs,
and so ended up with a D700, FX, and had to change out some lenses in a
hurry.  As compensation I'm playing with a full-circle fisheye, and I've
got out to 12mm wide which I've had some fun with, but those are all new
areas, not my primary photographic goals.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info