Re: 'Digital lenses"

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:19:47 -0400 (EDT), PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote/replied to:

>My understanding is similar to Hershel's. A digital lens is a lens that is
>designed for the "half frame" DSLR APS-C camera. Since it only needs to
>cover a  smaller sensor it can be made smaller and cheaper thus providing a
>lighter  camera to carry.
>Roy

This all reminds me of a pair of speakers I bought way back when digital music
was coming out, on the box they'd printer 'digital ready'. Basically they were
just speakers and cheap ones at that, always regretted buying them.

Nikon has a whole lineup of digital lenses now, pity that they've gone full
frame, hehehehe

Not that there's anything wrong with smaller sensors, still like my 10d.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics