Re: 'Digital lenses"

OMG... what a load of crap

As far as I know, "digital" lenses mostly are lower quality lenses with an image circle only big enough to cover the smaller chips.

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
On Wed, October 14, 2009 06:22, karl shah-jenner wrote:

Here and elsewhere I've heard reference to lenses being 'digital lenses' -
translation, the light exiting the rear of the lens is designed to hit the
sensor plane collimated or straight on.

That, plus more attention to anti-reflection coating on the back of the lens.

I think I'd have noticed, and people would notice in photos, if the
distance to the subject didn't affect the image size.  In fact, I think
that must be some sort of error in the description.