Re: an unhappy customer!

On Wed, October 14, 2009 13:53, karl shah-jenner wrote:
> http://www.antiyawn.com/photography.html
>
> interesting to see things from a customers perspective.. and he's not
> happy
> at someones efforts at photography!

Interesting; thanks!

I wonder how much doing what the young man (who I largely agree with)
wanted would have ended up not making the mother happy?  Because one
important point is that the actual customer here was his mother, who he
says was happy.

I haven't done senior picture for highschool or in large volumes (I did a
number of college senior pictures as portrait sessions for friends back
when I was around that age); but the question of what you do when a kid
shows up with fairly serious stubble must be somewhat tough.  The amount
left by the skin treatment the professional used, and the amount showing
in the picture the guy took of himself later, suggests that it might have
been considerable.  And it sounds like he hadn't thought about it when he
showed up for the session.  Just showing the stubble as it was is likely
to upset parents, who are mostly the real customers, right?  It must be a
bit of an interesting balancing act in many ways.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info