Re: PF exhibit on 03-10-09

John Palcewski wrote:
My measly two-cents worth of opinion:
David Dyer-Bennet - The sunken garden. Well, now, this is about the best use of a fish-eye lens that I’ve seen in a long time. Usually these shots are way too contrived. This one works extremely well.

Thank you! I'm not really sure what possessed me to get a full-circle fisheye (back some years ago); I certainly agree that a lot of the shots with them are mostly gimmick. I find that to get anything at all with mine, I have to construct the composition much more consciously than I usually do, which makes it very easy to fall into cliche, or stiff formality (despite the wild swoopiness of the lens itself). But it's fun to play with, and I've gotten two or three images out of it now that I really like. It got a lot more interesting when I went back to a full-frame camera, which I hadn't expected to do at the time I got the lens.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info