Re: PF exhibit on 03-10-09

My measly two-cents worth of opinion:

Emily L. Ferguson - Camo   I presume camo means camouflage, and indeed the female mallards seem to blend into their surroundings, which in my view tends to diminish the impact of the image overall.  Maybe an increase in contrast would improve it.   BTW, I recently learned an interesting thing— male to male sexual activity is unusually high for mallards, in some cases as high as 19% of all pairs in a population.

Don Roberts - Church Parking Lot 2     The repetition of the wheels and the orange reflectors are somewhat interesting.

Dan Mitchell - Hands Up    This is a good shot.  If it were mine I’d bump up the color saturation, and tweak the contrast ever so slightly to emphasize the surprising pair of hands.

David Dyer-Bennet - The sunken garden.  Well, now, this is about the best use of a fish-eye lens that I’ve seen in a long time.  Usually these shots are way too contrived.   This one works extremely well.

Trevor Cunningham - day at the races.   This squat vehicle with its toy-like tires doesn’t seem capable of achieving the blinding speed of  more powerful dragsters, so the cloud of exhaust seems almost a parody.   And of course the image doesn’t conform at all to the usual stereotypes of the goings on in Saudi Arabia.

Stephen Ylvisaker - Kingfisher 2009/09/14   The bird is the point of interest, and there seems to me to be way too much space surrounding it.