RE: Working on your "eye"

David,

I agree with those who say don't worry. I say look at raw, messy images
to get the eye going. I don't think looking for nice compositional
studies is much of a challenge.
Formal issues are just a last tidy-up process once you have seen the
picture. With digicams and zoom lenses one can shoot a half-dozen formal
tweaks. I have found this very helpful to my "eye". The seeing in the
first instance is the hard part. For various obvious reasons gallery and
published images most often are the results of heavy editing emphasizing
formalist values by people other than the artist. This bias sticks in
every one's brain and gets in the way of really seeing.

AZ

LOOKAROUND - Since 1978
Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround E-Book 5ed.