Re: Gallery

Gallery link:

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Rene Hales <Rene@xxxxxx> wrote:
I some how missed the mail announcing the gallery. I had submitted a picture. Hope it is in the queue for next week. It was a rainforest in IR.

Can someone send me the announcement so I have the link to the gallery? Thanks in advance--Rene
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Cunningham
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 4:05 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Gallery

John Palcewski - Intoxicating - Is he holding a catheter sample? A tramp with a bottle, and blurred...I get it. Sorry, I feel forced to question the context under which the image was taken. Likely incorrect, I feel the subject is embarrassingly taken off guard. The title seems a reaction, and judgment, rather that a statement. Offended...perhaps, a successful image.

Dan Mitchell - Quayside, Kings Lynn - I am anti-iPhone, but think your work with the iPhone is brilliant only in that what you have accomplished transcends the mediocre celebration of apps. God bless you for making a potentially relevant technology relevant. Excellent shot, I sense a bicycle army coming my way.

Michael Hughes - Ravages of Time - Enduring? Receptive to change? This is the England I know. And, I know I've been guilty of photographing what impresses me more than my audience.

Adrienne Bennett - Gosh, there's so much to say here, considering the D700 plug. It certainly advertises its low light ISO flexibility over its lesser ancestors, but what else other than an advertisement? Impressive is the detail, unfortunate is the composition. The damnation of fire, the salvation of the worker's hands, why does the spike resist to move?

Emily L. Ferguson - Harbor mouth after the storm - Nice clouds and big black patch in the bottom right.

Jim Davis - Heavenly Gull - I like how the gull is pet by the line of sunlight behind it. I find myself more interested in the very man made shapes of the gull's perch, but find a pleasant balance in the exposure. The gull seems well grounded in reality with tsunami breakers beneath it.

Marilyn Dalrymple - No truth in Advertising, Here - Disclaimer on bouncing a crazy check...I will maintain now, as a new father, that I will be equally guilty of such kitsch  to the forum in the future.