Re: Camera question

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:31:20 -0500, Don Roberts <droberts@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>Oh, I have no problems with using other cameras, Emily.  I have a Konica
>Minolta A2 which I love except for the electronic viewfinder which I
>find to be an abomination.  For me!!  I have used Pentax and Olympus
>digitals as well and many, many other film cameras over the years.  But
>I was after a recommendation or a condemnation or an estimation or
>something about the G11 or substitutes.  I guess the Nikon preamble was
>just too much of a distraction.

I bought a Canon G10 not long ago and it is one complicated little camera!

However, it takes nice picture without the bulk of a DSLR. It has limits sure.
Macro is a strong point as well as a decently fast lens. It's small enough for a
large pocket, robust and heavy enough for serious shooting.

I haven't heard about the G11 but a tilting moving preview screen has never been
on my short list. The G10's preview screen is incredibly clear and sharp and has
been usable from any angle.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics