Re: She Who Must Be Obeyed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris" <cjrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 10:06 PM
Subject: RE: She Who Must Be Obeyed

: I suggest you tell her that she looks beautiful as she is but if she
wants
: to change her hair colour (that shall include her eyebrows) to black she
: should go to a hair dresser and as for it to be dyed and then re-take the
: photograph.
:
:
:
: I believe that you can change her hair colour, including her eyebrows, in
: Photoshop by selecting the hair using the magic selector then use the
colour
: control but you would have to do it in stages as the highlights need
: different treatment to the shadows. I also think it is too difficult for
me.

select colour range

use + - selection tools to add/remove bits outside the area you want to
change

on the menus .. adjust > hue and saturation

use the eyedropper '+' tool to pickout the colours, drag the hue (colour)
saturation + lightness sliders around till you get the colour you want

done