Re: PF members photos on 08-29-09

Merely my opinions, of course.  Add salt to taste.

Rene M Hales - Dill at Three Toad Farm.   Interesting how selective focus or shallow depth of field yields an image that's more dynamic than if all of the herb sprouts were in tack-sharp focus.   Placement of the arrangement to the right with some space in the left is good composition.  The big stem curving left puts some energy into the scene.  Overall a nice shot.

Russ Baker - Nikki.   She's just cute as a button.   I like the soft lighting on her skin, and her right eye hidden by her hair is saucy.  The reflection in her eye suggests the lighting was a big soft box.

Mark Lent - Lightening Strikes.  I'd make the title singular, not plural, since I see only one bolt.   Impressive panorama of that den of iniquity.

Elson T. Elizaga - I Hate Mosquitoes.  Ugh!   Me, too.  The only good mosquito is, of course, a dead one.  Good riddance.   As a photo, though, this is a bit troublesome.  Hard to figure out what those small rounded rectangles in the pools of blood are.  Hate to think they were baby maggots.

Dan Mitchell - Primary Colors.  This invites some minor nit-picking.  The reds are red, the blues are blue, but the whites are tinted an odd, bluish, off-white, so these aren't all primary.   Once you delete the title, the picture speaks for itself.

Jim Davis - Road into the Woods.  There's a hint of artificiality to this shot, as if the foreground was lit by flash, or perhaps the dark woods were dodged excessively to bring out detail.  When manipulation announces itself, it's bad news.

Roy Miller - Advertising Poster.  This looks like a photo of an embossed poster with a shiny surface, thus the halo of light or hot spot in the center.  Or was that part of the original image?