Thoughts on 8-15-09 Gallery

Hi all,

Here are some thoughts on the photographs in this week's gallery:

Jim Davis - A very nice image of flowers in the wild. The rain on the leaves adds nicely.

John Palcewski - I like the concept very much. It would have been a better photograph if you had the ability to move the laundry away so the blue shutter was visible. Unfortunately, we don't always have that kind of access.

Greg Fraser - A very good photograph. You placed the limited depth-of-field well. Even the insect posed in the right place.

Emily L. Ferguson - The tree branches make a nice frame for the stairs but are too busy visually. My eye keeps going to them as opposed to what I think you intended to be the subject.

Chris Strevens - Maybe this will work as intended but as a photograph you needed to lock focus on her.

Dan Mitchell - This technique really works well with these photographs. The best part is how the seams look like the wind is blowing the grasses in waves.

Trevor Cunningham - A very humorous image. It sounds like there is more of a story behind this.

Valery Firsov - I like the choice of restricting the light but framing wider. She was either tired or annoyed that you were photographing her.

Mark Harris