Re: PF exhibit space on Aug 09, 2009

DLS,
        I think Emily was using the term in a more general sense since she used the adjective form of the word ( to modify the noun "presentation". I not sure what she means by reflection either but assume she means you are reflecting upon the subject.  Since you wanted to clarify the meaning of the picture you used words of description outside of the frame. I put words in the frame if I want to (1)  emphasize the point/meaning of the picture, (2) to define the setting or (3) to extend the meaning of the picture. Your use of words here was to direct the viewer to a more limited meaning which I would categorize as a subset of my (2)  to define the setting. My philosophy is to provide images with a stand alone meaning in a single image presentation. If I feel the pictures needs words to achieve any of the above objectives I put them in the picture. I will submit a picture for next week's exhibit that shows how words expand the meaning of a picture.
Roy