Re: PF exhibit on Aug 15 09

Here are my opinions.   Best taken with a few grains of salt.

Jim Davis - After the Rain.   The major flaw in this image is the overexposure of the white leaves.  Stopped down there'd be a hint of detail, and the greens would be come richer.

Greg Fraser - Water Garden Too.  The selective focus, or I should say the shallow depth of field, works very well here.   My only complaint is that the insect--or insects--at the top seem an unidentifyable jumble.

Emily L. Ferguson - stairs to city wall, York.  The wood steps are in focus, but then get lost in the out-of-focus leaves on both sides.  Hard to figure out what the area of interest is supposed to be.

Christopher Strevens - I've had enough fresh air!.  Two choices of what to make sharp here, the woman or the sailboat on the horizon.   I'd vote for the woman.   Is that a trickle of sweat on her cheek?

Dan Mitchell - Fenland Landscape.  The panorama initially works, but then you begin to  single out elements restomg on the distant horizon.   Makes you want to zoom in to get a better view.

Trevor Cunningham - caught.  Caught in a time machine?  Hey, that was 30 years ago!  Time just FLIES, eh?   This appeals to me.   But I'd give it a tweak to boost the contrast.  Just a touch.

Valery Firsov - Alone.  Melancholy image.  Her being in a sort of spotlight, surrounded by darkness, adds to the overall tone.   I'd trim a bit off both sides, though.