Subject: RE: Free-almost free pictures?
From: David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, August 07, 2009 12:59 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, August 7, 2009 12:33, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I disagree that stock can't keep up though. In fact unless you are
> looking at something particularly unique its probably already out there.
> I recently read a story on strobist about a guy, Danish I think, had a
> studio of 10 or so employees and tens if not hundreds of thousands of
> dollars in equipment to sell images at a dollar a piece. The guy doesn't
> seem to realize he will be the victim of his own success. He is
> destroying the market which is paying his bills and fostering a mindset
> that images have little or no value and that includes his.

Why do you think he'll do his own business model in? So far as I can see,
his business model is selling a high-quality product at current
micro-stock prices. He's built it up at current prices; he's not
dependent on old-style high stock prices (which most of my web clients
laugh at and reject out of hand), he should be excellently positioned to
thrive in the current market.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info