Re: Free-almost free pictures?

On Thu, August 6, 2009 11:40, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
> At 8:36 AM -0700 8/6/09, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>Andrea,
>>Just what I was looking for!  Thank you.  I think the plain vanilla CC
>>license you suggested is fine. I wonder what kind of feed-back CC
>>licensees get from users?
>
> The product is free.  Why wouldn't they love them?  And they ignore
> the license too.
>
>>  I'd like to see how the images get used.
>
> everywhere you go - billboards, full page ads in magazines, web sites
> all over the internet.

This is certainly possible; I've never gone looking for cases of CC stock
images being used for big projects, because it's a lot of work and I only
have moderate curiosity, no actual need to find out.

> Licenses like that make it much harder for me to earn a living.

Tragic as it is, one does not in fact have any actual right to continue to
earn a living in the same way and at the same level as one has been; not
just automatically.  (Turns out the same is true in software, my
profession, as well.)
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info