Re: data storage (again)

Roy:
So no need for human interaction.The cloud is going to tell you what to do.
Hook the person directly into the camera and you have a script for Dr. Who.
Royalties requested. Oh that was my computer asking for the Royalties

Bah!  The Cloud just decided to update the program (google earth/pick
another online software pack/game) and toss out all my carefully placed
personal landmarks! (UI/settings/whatever)

Honestly, I get used to something, last thing I want is it to change unless
*I* decide a change is necessary.

I can see how it'll all work with those cars no one wants to hire from
car-hire companies - the ones that have an LCD panel interface to set the
air con temperature, speed, hazard lights, windscreen wiper settings, radio
and everything else that should be controlled by a knob or lever.

Every six months The Cloud will decide to update everything and things that
were on the first menu will be moved to six levels deep on menu three.

my attitude is: I want it, I want it to be mine, I want to break it all by
myself