Re: Observations re: PF exhibit on JUL-25-09

In a message dated 26/07/2009 19:56:03 GMT Daylight Time, andpph@xxxxxxx writes:
Michael Hughes - Pretty ring time
Sorry I can not "get into" this photograph. I used to do weddings and this "set up" never appealed
top me but I made it anyway. The demand was high. Shows how much I appreciated what the public
demanded! In any case, too many fingers in this photo for my taste.
Thanks for the comment, which is the main reason why I submit (in both senses of the word)  The fingers were those of a couple of tourists who tagged on to what had been intended as a private visit to the top of a cathedral tower. I spotted the ring and was intrigued. The photo was requested posed and taken in about a minute as they were about to leave the Cathedral. I wanted her hand on his to give him 'a stake in the duck' and also in recognition of his status as the possible donor of the ring. I have never had the awesome responsibility of photographing a wedding but I delight in taking candid shots of spectators and guests on such happy occasions.

Michael