My comments on the 7-11-09 Gallery

Hi all,

A few thoughts on the fine work in this week's gallery:

Don Roberts - I did see the "eyes" before I read you notes so the image works. You should be pleased that in an area so often photographed I can't remember seeing another that looked back at me.

Belinda Peters - As pretty as the painted wall and the painterly shutters are what makes this image for me is the shadow inside of what looks like a chair. As old as the place seems, someone still occupies it.

Rene M Hale - The infrared effect certainly adds to the mood. Andy put it well that the rows of seedlings remind me of a cemetary but there is also a bit of parents looking over their children with the older trees in the background.

Dan Mitchell - This is a terrific photograph. The fact it was made entirely in a camera phone shows that the maker is the driving force of any image and the camera is a tool. I find it funny that the same two women appear twice.

Chris Strevens - At some future date your family will probably get quite a laugh over this photograph. It is a beautiful image and a reminder that we all have something to add to the world.

Alberto Tirado - A well made news photograph. You have placed the subject well and conveyed the boardom these workers sometimes face prior to them doing the tough job they have. My daughter is a volunteer EMT and the nights she servers are just like this.

Mine - There are many more lightpainting examples on my web site, if you are interested.

Andrew Davidhazy - I also see a baseball diamond, pitchers mound and warning track in this well captured image. It just goes to show what kinds of photographs we can make when we look around.

Mark Harris