Re: PF exhibit 06-27-09

Emily. thanks for the comments....

But this image happened to have the subject in center..there  are more images that have
the subjects at the side...In reality it was not possible to chamnge the camera view so i just relied in luck, subjects' whim and reflexes...Did you see the other ones at http://tinyurl.com/ngljcn'?

BTW Transubstantiation is a theme title from Paul Kantner's (of Jefferson Airplane) "Planet Earth R'n'R Ochestra" music album (Science Fiction Nebula awards nominne too). The story mentons of Telepathetic Teletransoprtation and I guess the title works for that kind of images too.
enjoy, Kostas

--- Στις Δευτ., 29/06/09, ο/η Emily L. Ferguson <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
>                Kostas Papakotas - Transubstantiation

Interesting that there's no attention to the kid from the men.  I'm not sure what is being transubstantiated here, however.  An awful lot of space around the subjects and I think I'd get rid of lots of it on the Right side so there's a since of being transformed i.e. movement, on the part of the bicyclist.  That might reinforce the transubstantiation concept.

>                Michael Hughes - In Party dress

Must have been an interesting party?  Were you out with a bike club for the day and going to a supper picnic?

>                Alan Zinn - Our Chrysler!

I like the balance between the wheel and the framed advertisment very much.  I think I would have been tempted to soften the focus on the whole thing to reinforce the never-never days atmosphere there.

>                Don Feinberg -

Good exposure time control.  Did you get a record of it?

>                Emily L. Ferguson - Dovecote cupola - Penmon Priory, Anglesey

I liked the contrast too, and knew it was inevitable unless I was willing to get the flash to light the inside of the dome.  I wasn't and it was amazing that anything was sharp.  A friend of mine who grew up across the Menai strait from there pointed out that the doves became food for the monks in the priory.  Hmm.  Sort of changed my feelings about the place.

> There are 3 (Roberts, Dalrymple, Sull) photographs awaiting  installation.

Oh, goodie.  More pictures.

> The time to send yours is NOW! If you wait you'll probably forget! ;)

Yes.  Take note guys.  Andy's right.  The time is now!!!

-- Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
508-563-6822
http://www.landsedgephoto.com