RE: [Fwd: Photography Half-Life (Decay Rate) Changes]

Steve,

My scientific studies went like this:

Test No. 1.
Keep Ektachrome slides in damp basements, blazing hot/freezing cold
attics and garages for forty years. Keep Kodachrome slides in same
conditions for even longer.

Kodachrome slides look just fine. One of me when I was only two years
old - and I'm OLD geezer now - will print correctly with no blemishes.

Ektachrome slides are laced with fungus like a petri dish. Maybe good
sour-dough bread starter but not much else.

Test No. 2.
Many rolls of dad's 35mm, Agfa film from WWII coiled like a spring for
thirty-five years and then flattened out and stored between pages in
heavy art books. Still look OK except they curve width-wise.

Test No. 3

Wrap C.1900, 4 x 5 glass plate negatives inside newspaper for seventy
years. Pictures are a bit faded but printable. The newspapers are yellow
and a bit flaky but fully readable.

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround E-Book 5ed.