Gallery review

The Photoforum Gallery is at <http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html>

David Dyer-Bennet -- That's me. A Kiowa UH-58, dating from 1972, on the ground at Round Cove Lodge in Tennessee. I was there for a combination commercial photoshoot (run by a friend) and weekend of playing with big toys.

     Emily L. Ferguson--*Boatshop, Blakeny, Norfolk--The colors are
     nice, and the rust stains (or old paint) on the sheet of metal or
     wood or something to the left of the door pick up the red tile
     roof nicely. The partially cropped overhead of the door bothers
     me; could you come down just a little more so it doesn't appear at
     all?*

David Small -- A nice juxtaposition, indeed.

     Valery Firsov--*Who are You ?--I like that they're clearly looking
     at each other, even though you essentially can't see either set of
     eyes.
     *

Christopher Strevens-- <javascript:{}>Free!--Congratulations! That's such a typical street. The cars could almost be from here, there aren't so many obviously small ones as I'm used to (or else my judgment of scale has failed). It's amazing how hairstyle and clothing fads make it around the world.

Don Draper -- Nice bokey; the background serves very well to set off the foreground. Do you have maybe one channel clipped in some of the highlights? I'm finding that bunches of older macro work of mine that had a particular "weird look" that this has a bit of turned out, when examined with modern tools, to have ONE channel clipped (but looked perfectly good in a simple luminosity histogram).

Now, I hope the formatting cleans itself up when I send this; it's set plain text only, so the big fonts and things *should* go away; apologies in advance if it doesn't.

Thanks to all who participated in the gallery this week!

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info