Gallery Review

As a first-time exhibitor in the gallery, I thought it would be appropriate
to also become a first-time commentator upon the displayed images. (I've
been subscribed to Photoforum for years, have read posts avidly, and often
have viewed the gallery entries, but have been for the most part a passive
and silent onlooker.) I'm looking forward to maintaining a more active
presence.
Following are my comments on the images submitted by this week's exhibitors:

Don Roberts, Red Truck: The symmetrical, formally balanced composition seems
very appropriate for such a solid and heavy object; balanced by the faded
brightness of the once-red paint. I'd have been tempted to clone out the
wooden piece above the right wheel - its shape and color are a distraction.
Greg Fraser, Zima Boy: A nice" playful moment" shot, with an interesting
play of light on the boy's face from the ice. The tight framing concentrates
the viewer's attention.
Roy H. Miller, Describe the Expression on this Portrait: "What could I have
been thinking when I signed up for the experimental cosmetology course?" or
possibly."What's it all about, Algae?" More seriously, this is an arresting
image; I'd like to know how you achieved it.
Emily L. Ferguson, The Deed is Done: Good balance of dimmed room light and
the  (projection?) TV screen.  A journalistic record of a scene  that played
out in numerous restaurants and other gathering places across the country
(and the world) on Inauguration day. Would it have been possible to shift
viewpoint a bit farther to the right to avoid the convergence of the light
fixture and the President-elect's head?
Alan Zinn, (untitled): The panoramic format is beautifully suited to this
long, low, silver "dream" of a car - wouldn't you love to shoot it  in
properly lighted isolation in a studio? The expressions of the "dreamers"
leave no doubt about our society's (at least the male portion) love of the
automobile!
Andrew Davidhazy, Colors Galore: Wow! This riot of color and flowing pattern
is a flashback to '60s rock concert posters and album covers. And, of
course, every soap film exhibits a unique appearance.  Thanks for the
technical discussion appended to the image; it helps to put the  result into
perspective.

Jack Klasey