Re: Gallery 5-9-09

Unfortunately, no. It's simply a Nikon D200 with a IR filter (hence the long exposure). I was hoping to get it modified this summer if I decide to upgrade to, say, a D300 or, if my wife will let me, a D700. Not sure if it's worth upgrading right now though (any thoughts folks?). I've begun to like the effect myself. Conditions have to be just so to get a more believable IR effect, and lens choice makes a difference as well (my Nikon glass produces big hotspots), so I've found an alternative function for the filter in producing monotone images with wacky skies (the extent of my artistic purpose). Thanks for the comments.

Mark Harris wrote:
Trevor Cunningham - Did you make this with an IR modified camera? At the same workshop I did light painting I shot with a roll of Ilford's SFX-200 extended red film and an orange filter (I need to get a red one). I like the effect here. It really enhances the scene.