Gallery 5-9-09

Here are a few thoughts of mine on today's gallery:

Russell Baker - I like how our images are a bit like bookends on the rest of the gallery. This is a very nicely done Glamour/Boudoir photograph. A big part of that business is to make the subject look and feel sexy without being slutty. You have succeeded with that. I'll bet she was very happy.

Greg Fraser - This is a very good abstract image. The brighter light at the vanishing point works very well.

Trevor Cunningham - Did you make this with an IR modified camera? At the same workshop I did light painting I shot with a roll of Ilford's SFX-200 extended red film and an orange filter (I need to get a red one). I like the effect here. It really enhances the scene.

Pini Vollach - It took me a few views before I saw the woman on the left looking at the one bending over. It's a fun image once you see that.

Roy Miller - An interesting manipulation making a great form. Very clever even though it's not normally my favorite kind of image.

A couple of notes on mine. I have tired light painting before with limited success. I recently bought a hand-held meter and estimated the time the flashlight is on any spot on the model. That way I could better guess the exposure giving this result. I now see I missed cleaning up some stuff in the dark part of the photograph but am happier in general. There are more examples in my photo.net portfolio. I'll send in one of the SFX-200 images for next week.

Mark Harris