Gallery Comments

Rene M Hales
Fragile Interactions: Remembering When:  I like photographs like this one very much (a photo built from found objects)- and this one in particular.  It does have a fragile look; unusual, interesting and well done.

Jim Snarski
Bodega Blue:  Beautiful. I can see every delicate feather.  I like the story that accompanies the photograph, too; that adds a lot of interest.

Greg Fraser

8:  Because of the color of the water (or the lack of color), it took me a moment to figure out what was happening.  I like the feeling of motion, the water's unusual coloration and the delicate, lacey, design of the water spray.  Well done.

Pini Vollach
Abstract:  Photographs like this one indicate - to me - a photographer's eye was in play.  It is hard to tell exactly what the photograph is of, but that makes it a puzzle which causes me to study it more closely.  It could be a sandy beach that leads to the blue ocean, or a landscape that blends into the blue sky, or  . . . ?

Bob McCulloch
Underway:  This is fascinating.  There is much to look at and I enjoy the almost monotone look - the tans with touches of red.  It could have been difficult to find the right angle so it looked balanced, but you got it just right, Bob.

Trevor Cunningham
russian market fish vendor:  This was taken at an unusual angle, which allows the viewer to see exactly what is happening.  It's a photograph that tells a story.

Roy Miller
Snow Man In VA:  This is a happy children's-story-illustration-type photograph.  The snow man makes me smile.  His "arms" with all the slender branches give the photograph/snow man a lively, happy look.  I like this very much.

Emily L. Ferguson
Can you tell what it is?:  I can't tell what it is, Emily, but that makes the photograph fascinating.

A very nice show this week.  Thank you to all who contributed, and thank you, Andy and staff, for hanging the show.

Marilyn