talk me out of it

I am about to spend my life savings and my children's inheritance on a Nikon D3X. Just to keep up with the Jones's who are in opposition to me here.

I have a Mamiya ZD back on a 645AF but it's way too slow for me when it comes to shooting people. Also I don't have a range of lenses for the Mamiya.

I want something that will recycle as fast as the studio flash packs so I can shoot around 1-1.5 fps for about four or five frames ...at least plus I want to do interiors etc.,

I just can't justify the price of a new Hasselblad and the new ZD back, which is apparently a little faster, is also $7500.

Actually I can't really justify the D3X and at around $1000 a day which is what I charge now, it would take 8 full days of shooting... in a bad month that could be 2 months of work, to pay for it - In any case most of those jobs could easily be done with the D3 I already have.

Should I be sneaky and just Up-res the D3 images to 25MP?

Please give me some sensible reasons to not buy this thing which calls me from the depths of B'nH and whispers my name...

Herschel