Re: gallery review

Wet markets are always neat places, if the smell doesn't run you off. She's selling small freshwater fish here and another pail has garlic. Your guess is as good as mine on what's in the jars, i'm never THAT curious to find out what's in them

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Hmm.  Winter sure does drive some of us into arcane corners of Photoshop.

Trevor, it's really interesting. I am fascinated by the fact that I can't identify one item that woman is selling! About the only thing that looks vaguely like something familiar is the square tin of sort of fish shaped items on the right edge.

As for the lighting, it seems sufficient. If the market was dark, then pumping more light in there won't be what it looked like.

I too am always attracted to situations like that presented in Greg's photo. I have, however, been wondering whether some sort of human interference was imposed on the snow. The shadows have a deliberate look about them...

I'm afraid Roy's manipulation of the Duke U. chapel doesn't attract me at all. Now had he applied that technique to a snowflake on a microscope I might have been able to sympathize!

Marilyn's fountain seems to not be there, although I see a section of a pond with waterlilies. The manipulation is interesting but I wish the shadow on the left weren't so heartlessly unrelated to the situation. Manipulating a small number of leaves might be more successful for me.

I can't warm to the IR at all. But I sure must go check out that spot the next time I'm out that way! It looks quite attractive if I imagine it without the lurid turquoise. Wouldn't it be nice if contrails never happened...

Wheels are great things, and that's a very nice shot, although maybe a little bit more of the wheelbarrow would have been nice.