Re: older Minolta lenses to digital SLR

Jim writes:

> Karl,
>
> Checking the Sony site on the new alpha 900, it says "Minolta AF lenses",
so
> I believe the older manual focus ones cannot be used.
>
> Can't remember if the  9000 series of Minolta was AF lenses, the later
900Si
> was.  But I cannot use lenses from the old SRT101 or 303 as they were MF/

You're right Jim, thanks for catching me on that!  Seems I had it in my
head the MD's were compatible :/

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra900/page2.asp

Lenses ? Sony Alpha lenses
(also compatible with Minolta A-type bayonet mount lenses)
? Can be used with DT (1.5x crop) lenses in APS-C mode

and a good wrapup of compatible lenses:
http://www.mhohner.de/sony-minolta/lenses.php