Re: DSLR's in cold temperatures

In a message dated 31/01/2009 21:59:24 GMT Standard Time, dmoore007@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
    I'm planning to do some photography in the Adirondacks next weekend and
it may be in the low teens. I'm wondering if any of you have had experience
shooting a DSLR in very cold weather, and whether the camera's electronics
and/or mechanics are affected. Thanks.

    Dave Moore
I've had compact and video cameras go on strike in temps around 24F. Current cameras might be less power hungry but I guess troser pockets are a better place for spare batteries rather than backpacks and gadget bags

Michael